Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Basic Tenses structures of english

These are the forms of the main verb that we use to construct the tenses:
base verb
past
past participle
present participle -ing
work
worked
worked
working
 
Tense Structure
past
present
future

SIMPLE
do + base verb
(except future:
will + base verb)
+
I did work
I worked
I do work
I work
I will work

-
I did not work
I do not work
I will not work

?
Did I work?
Do I work?
Will I work?

SIMPLE PERFECT
have + past participle
+
I had worked
I have worked
I will have worked

-
I had not worked
I have not worked
I will not have worked

?
Had I worked?
Have I worked?
Will I have worked?

CONTINUOUS
be + ing
+
I was working
I am working
I will be working

-
I was not working
I am not working
I will not be working

?
Was I working?
Am I working?
Will I be working?

CONTINUOUS PERFECT
have been + ing
+
I had been working
I have been working
I will have been working

-
I had not been working
I have not been working
I will not have been working

?
Had I been working?
Have I been working?
Will I have been working?

No comments:

Post a Comment